Social Media Executive
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Social Media Executive to join one of Britain's biggest retailers. This newly created role in the Content and Social team, reporting to the Head of Content and Web, will see you putting into action our social strategy and expanding our brand into new social channels.
You will have at least a year of social media experience in a commercial environment with an in-depth understanding of online communities and the concepts behind driving engagement.
You'll be involved in all of our social channels and will be tasked with finding new and exciting ways of getting our messages across, building our followings, reporting on activity and scheduling of content
Accountabilities of the Role:
* Creating engaging posts and starting a dialogue with our customers and followers that will drive brand awareness and interaction
* Helping to develop the social media strategy for our channels that builds activity and response
* The day-to-day running of the target social channels including handling customer contacts, propagation of content and implementation of the social media strategy
* Manage and maintain a social content calendar so that all activity can be planned and effectively tracked
* Use analytics tools to monitor the successes and engagement levels for different types of content in different locations. Create reports based on these analytics and suggest where improvements can be made
Requirements for the Role:
* Good creative writing skills
* Experience of working in a content led environment
* Strong organisational and planning abilities
* Self motivation, focus and creativity when working independently. Enthusiasm, creativity and collaboration when working as part of a team with a shared goal
* Comfort when working in a pressured environment with short deadlines while retaining a high standard level
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ideally in Google Analytics
Why Join Us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer focus, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide valid documentation showing right to work in the UK, undertake a criminal record check and provide three years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community"