Assistant Finance Manager Logistics
A bit about us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented qualified accountant to make a real difference in our AO Logistics division. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of our financial reporting such as forecasting, management accounts and statutory accounts.
In this role you’ll be reporting directly into our divisional Finance Manager and contribute directly to the profitability of the business, whilst managing a team of two.
We’re all about the detail so you need to be very technical accountant who loves getting into the nitty gritty! Although based at our head office in Bolton, you will be required to travel to Crewe at least 2 days a week, as this is where our main Logistics operation is based.
Here's what you can expect to be doing:
- Weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts for finance which will require a close interaction with the Logistics commercial team to understand any variances
- Ownership and production of the month end management accounts including review of the teams work
- Control account reconciliations
- Weekly debtor reviews
- Analysing variances between actuals to monthly forecasts and budget
- Production of quarterly VAT returns
- Reviewing daily cash flow
- Managing two direct reports (sales ledger and an accounts assistant)
- Production of monthly accounts pack and annual statutory accounts under IFRS
- Production of PSA returns from HMRC
- Monthly review of overheads to ensure up to date run rates are accurately reflected in forecast
- Ad hoc tasks where required/assisting the FM with adhoc queries such as Tax, audit etc.
A few things about you:
- Will be a newly qualified or recently qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots)
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business including senior management
- Take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when events become chaotic
- Demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
- Coaches others to higher levels of performance, offers encouragement and supports and helps others to view change as an opportunity for growth
- Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a 'can do' way of thinking, and is willing to accept new challenges
Why choose AO:
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.