Area Sales Manager/ New Business Development
£35k - £30k + car allowance and £50k OTE (uncapped)
Our client is a leading name in secure document disposal and shredding. They offer a tailored, secure disposal solution either long term or on an ad hoc basis to suit client needs.
Due to the team expanding they are looking for a new business focused area sales manager with a proven track record delivering new business in a b2b environment (preferably contractual services but this is not a must) to look after the Midlands as a territory.
We are looking for tenacious individuals who have a desire to generate new clients.MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To promote and sell the company's products and services to your allocated shredding clients, and new shredding clients, in your defined geographic territory, to achieve/exceed personal and company New Business sales target. To develop the business in line with Business Plan, and to increase the range of services Restore Datashred offers to new and existing clients. To deliver effective Account Management to your allocated clients to ensure portfolio retention in line with personal and company retention targets.KEY TASKS
- You will be responsible for prospecting and winning new shredding business from new customers, and allocated clients.
- To provide effective Account Management to your allocated clients.
- To develop knowledge of potential clients and establish a database of prospects, customers, market and competitor information within your territory. Generate market intelligence form a variety of sources such as journals, trade magazines, directories, websites etc.
- Develop strong commercial partnerships, including key relationships with any allocated third parties, local business bodies (e.g. Chambers of Commerce), and appropriate trade groups within your territory.
- To ensure that tenders, quotes and contracts are completed on time. All customer quotations should be compiled in line with the current price matrix. Specific permission from your Manager should be sought before selling "off matrix". All tenders must be brought to the attention of the Bid Team to ensure compliance and consistency.
- To carry out 'Site Surveys' of prospect sites, and offer advice on our services in accordance with the site environment, customer requests and requirements.
- You will be required to communicate with and assist the Management Team as well as co-operating with the colleagues in Corporate/FM Sales and Telesales, in securing new business within your territory.
- To work closely with members of the Customer Care Team and Administration Support Team to ensure timely and effective support of allocated clients.
- To liaise with fellow Areas Sales Team, Telesales and Corporate FM Team colleagues to ensure key information is shared in relation to cross-client opportunities and 3rd Party activity, including wins and losses that may effect your colleagues' 3rd Party Clients.
- You will be responsible for setting out clearly defined service level agreements and key performance indicators to ensure that we are delivering the expected level of performance in accordance with our client expectations.
- You will also be required to communicate with your relevant Depot Manager(s) and Depot Teams, (minimum one planned meeting per month), to ensure full continuity of service for your account portfolio and new business opportunities.
- You will be required to attend sales meetings and produce periodic reports detailing any new sales, developments or client requirements. These reports will be submitted to your manager at an agreed time and in the agreed format.
- You will be expected to adhere to the KPIs set for this role, including (but not limited to) appointment and prospecting activity.
- Knowledge of the company sales and service computer system.
- Knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Good Territory Management
- Knowledge of terms and conditions of contract.
- Waste & Recycling awareness is desirable
- Data Protection Act awareness
- Good communications skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- To be self motivated.
- To be flexible.
- Full and valid UK/EU Driving License