Job Title: Commercial Accountant
Responsible to: Associate Director of Finance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Wolverhampton Grand Theatre
Allowances: The Grand Theatre operates a Pension Scheme
Following a fabulous refurbishment, the Wolverhampton Grand Theatre is going through an exciting period of change. As a result of this we are now looking for a Commercial Accountant to join our dynamic and forward thinking team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly ambitious and numerical candidate with excellent communication and relationship building skills. As an experienced Finance professional, you will join a fun and diverse organisation and have the chance to positively impact the profitability of this highly regarded Charity.
The purpose of the role is to provide commercial expertise within the Finance team, whilst supporting the wider Theatre team. The key elements of the role will be maximising returns on show contracts, and settlement of the same; detailed forecasting and financial modelling to support commercial decisions and financial reporting on a regular basis. To undertake general duties in support of providing an effective service to the smooth running of the Grand Theatre and the finance team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To have the responsibility for Production Company accounting. Ensuring Intercompany balances are recorded correctly.
2. To settle show contracts on a timely basis
3. To calculate, collate and manage payment of PRS, TIDO etc. returns
4. To work as a proactive member of a multi-functional finance team, including other departments.
5. To provide commercial support and analysis to the Senior Management team
6. To deliver the budget and forecasting process across the businesses
7. To provide financial insight into the business models within the company
8. To assist in the creation of business cases to support key proposals within the company
9. To provide meaningful MI to support commercial decision making using financial modelling skills
10. To be able to interrogate the key financial data to drive decision making/improvements in financial performance
11. Financial reporting monthly, quarterly and on an ad hoc basis
12. To identify opportunities to improve performance through detailed sales analysis
13. To have full responsibility for assisting the FOH team in management information compilation and the analysis there of.
14. To provide general Accounting cover within the Finance team to ensure that there is a robust level of service
15. To deputise for Head of Finance/Associate Director - Finance as required 16. To undertake these duties with an awareness of and in compliance with, the Grand Theatre’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
17. To liaise with the line manager in a regular review of this job description so that it adequately reflects the changing needs of the service.
18. To carry out any other duties which are commensurate with the salary and designation of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act, 2010.
Please note that the successful candidate may be asked to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service clearance before commencing duties and responsibilities. Any existing DBS disclosure will only be accepted by the Theatre if it is less than six months from the date the disclosure was made.