Based in Hanley Swan, near Malvern, Worcestershire
£60,000 per annum
Our client, a well-established company, owned by a charitable organisation offering unique science-based supplements to health care professionals and their patients, have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced, ACMA, ACA or ACCA qualified Finance Manager, who has a strong commercial awareness and a genuine interest in health and well-being.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager will have full responsibility for the Company’s accounts team function and overseeing the generation of accurate and timely financial reports for the Company Directors, enabling them to make well-informed decisions, which support the future stability, growth and profitability of the business. As such strong people skills are essential, along with an enquiring, logical and analytical mind and a proven track record of improving business performance.
With experience of using accounting software systems, the ideal candidate will have strong organisational and time management skills, accuracy and impeccable attention to detail, whilst maintaining an ability to make quick rational decisions and to act with discretion and integrity.
In return the company can offer:
- A real sense that you are contributing to the health of our customers as well as people in need
- Clear career progression path
- Great work-life balance, with the opportunity for flexible working
- Fast moving, yet down to earth caring work environment
If you think you have what it takes to be a key part in driving this company to its next level, we’d like to hear from you!
- Chief Executive Officer
- 3 x Book-keepers
- 1 x Company Secretary/Accountant
Other key contacts:
- Company Secretary
- Company’s external Accountancy Firm
- External Auditors
- Representatives of the Company’s Bank
- Suppliers - Contract Manufacturers
Main purpose of job:
To manage the Company’s accountancy function and to oversee the generation of accurate and timely financial reports for the Company Directors.
To combine accounting, business management and people management skills to prepare and analyse key financial information to ensure that management make well-informed decisions, which support the future stability, growth and profitability of the business.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures and financial management information systems
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, budgets, cash flow statements and forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries as required by the management team and Board
- Work closely with the management team to help make financial decisions
- Contribute towards the formulation of business strategies and inform key strategic decisions
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts
- Manage and oversee the credit control, credit insurance, credit checking and debt chasing process
- Manage import and currency purchase processes and develop links with overseas suppliers to put credit terms in place
- Maintain asset registers and depreciation schedules
- Establish and maintain a system to report value of stock and work-in-progress
- Manage supplier relationships to maximize beneficial terms and conditions
- Liaise with auditors to ensure that annual audit monitoring is carried out and ensure the accurate preparation and submission of statutory accounts in accordance with Companies act and Charity Commission requirements
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Keep abreast in changes in financial legislation and regulations in both Companies Act and Charity Commission legislation
- Work in conjunction with external accountants to implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Analyse market trends and competitors
- In conjunction with the Company’s outsourced HR company, oversee the production of employment contracts for employees in the Company
The Company reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
It is essential that the post holder has:
- Membership of an appropriate professional financial qualification - ACMA,ACA,ACCA
It is essential that the post holder has:
- Substantial experience of having worked in a Finance Manager role within a commercial organisation
- Experience of establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems
- Experience of having managed a team
- Knowledge and experience of preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, budgets, cash flow statements and forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Experience of advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Experience and proven track record of improving business performance
- Knowledge of corporate governance procedures
- Experience of having carried a similar role within the online retail industry
- Experience of using accounting software systems including SAP,
- Experience of using online ordering and dispatch systems
- Knowledge of stock management processes