Practice Administrator / Paraplanner
We are recruiting for a Full-time Practice Administrator for a successful Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management based in Moorgate, EC2R.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with previous Financial Advisor sales support experience or previous Financial services administration experience, seeking long term commitment in a Practice Administrator / Paraplanner support position.
Overall Job Purpose
Working alongside two Financial Advisors, the Practice Administrator / Paraplanner will provide administrative and organisational support to the Practice by assisting with the running of the back office processing side of the business. They will provide general day-to-day support and administration and basic paraplanning support to the Financial Advisors. The position will be a full-time office based role.
Client / Team communication
- Managing the Partner’s, ensuring they have everything they need for their working day in advance.
- Dealing with client queries in a timely and professional manner, via telephone, email, face to face or in writing.
- Chasing pipeline business on a regular basis with a view to booking them in for Client meetings with the Partner.
- Using the internal intranet system to manage client enquiries
- Pro-active and structured approach to supporting the Practice’s administration needs, ensuring smooth running of back office support.
- Developing and building relationships with team members and clients
- Provide in-depth data analysis of client’s funds and investments (by use of financial software)
- Produce personalised illustrations
- Obtaining up to date wealth accounts
- Preparing critical yield calculations
- Where required, liaising with administration centres regarding internal fund information
- Liaising with pension and investment companies to obtain information on client third party policies
- Gathering up to date regulatory paperwork, business cards, previous meeting notes and correspondence
- Collating all of the above information, printing and organising into a meeting pack at least 24 hours prior to client meeting.
- Liaising with internal administration centres regarding client’s funds and investments
- Switching of clients funds and processing fund surrenders
- Setting up new clients on Swift, and keeping all client information up to date from meeting notes and updates
- Issuing and chasing letters of authority; liaising with external providers to obtain detailed client policy information; pensions, investments, protection.
- Preparation of email and hard copy correspondence within Practice service level standards
- Answering telephones and dealing with client enquiries in the Partner’s absence.
- Ability to fill in a Fact Find (after training)
- Electronic Business Submission processing
- Processing paper application forms, preparing advice notes and dealing with cheques
- Scanning copy of paper application, cheque and advice note onto system
- Basic Suitability letter preparation
- Creation and processing of Submission sets
- Liaising with compliance departments and dealing with compliance feedback amendments on suitability letters and CFR’s.
- Preparing replacement cost calculators in Excel / yield calculations / illustrations
- Keeping up to date on all new regulations in regards to suitability letters, replacement cost limits and general regulations, appropriate to the Practice and industry
Knowledge & Skills required
- Previous experience in an administration role within the Financial Service industry essential.
- Reasonable understanding of basic financial products from an administrative perspective, i.e. pension, investment, life assurance, unit trust, ISA etc.
- First class organisational skills to deliver against a wide variety of tasks
- Effective communication skills verbally, face to face and in writing
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals of all levels
- Desirable - Previous knowledge of the following IT Systems:
- Microsoft: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, (intermediate level) and Excel (advanced level desirable).
- Ability to type with both accuracy and speed (approx. 40 words per minute)
- Basic understanding of technical knowledge on financial products and funds.
- Good understanding and comfort working with basic English and Mathematics / numerical attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workloads and have confidence to approach others and ask for information to gain understanding. Be open to locate suitable contacts help resolve questions / issues independently.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, disciplined in work approach and ability to get the job done.
- Professional and approachable manner to clients and colleagues
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines where required
- Capability of working in a highly confidential and discreet environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Reliable and committed to the role
- Good communicator at different levels of seniority both internally and externally and able to build relationships
- Team Player
- Good level of common sense
Additional Role information
- Role type: Self employed or Employed
- Holiday: 23 days holiday, plus one extra day for every full year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Location: Moorgate, London, EC2R.
- Hours of work: Full- time (35 hours a week). Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Salary: £27-34K per annum pro rata - salary dependant on experience.
- Training: Available for a number of the SJP internal systems and business processes.