Legal Secretary (corporate and banking)
Corporate & Banking Division
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced legal secretary to join our corporate and banking division.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience as a legal secretary in a corporate / commercial environment.
As part of a team you will provide typing and administrative support to the corporate and banking departments and manage the diaries of senior lawyers within the firm.
The role will include -
- Audio typing of correspondence, reports, forms and other documents via the digital dictation system.
- Carrying out general administration work such as photocopying, filing and sorting post as required.
- Answering internal calls as well as client calls, taking messages and ensuring appropriate referral.
- Preparation of bills and narratives on a monthly basis
- Managing diaries and organising meetings for lawyers where delegated.
- Working with and supporting the wider secretarial team to meet work flow peaks.
- Maintaining all paper and electronic files in an orderly and retrievable manner.
The role will also involve providing support to the Notary Public:
- Responding to requests for quotes having established client’s requirements
- Preparing official documents to be sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Carrying out research
- Booking client appointments
- Copying and storing documentation
- Being the first point of contact for clients
Although experience of notarial work would be advantageous it is not necessarily a requirement.
The successful candidate will have competent IT skills including MS Word and Outlook, as well as good written and oral communication skills. A minimum typing speed of 55 wpm is required.