Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Double Days: Monday - Friday
£30'000 + Overtime + Package
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with a key client to recruit a Maintenance Engineer who will be responsible for maintenance requirements (reactive & proactive) on site a busy manufacturing facility, which includes production machinery, ancillary equipment, building fabric, general site and services in this hands on role.
* Develop, implement, monitor, review and sustain an effective PPM (planned preventative maintenance programme) which provides for continual development and improvement of equipment
* (working outside of normal hours may be required in order for production to not be affected)
* Responding to breakdowns and equipment faults in a timely manner, and carrying out diagnosis and any necessary repairs quickly and efficiently to ensure impact to production is kept to a minimum
* To participate in the selection of plant and machinery and provide technical input where required
* To organise and oversee machine installations, removals and relocations
* Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
* Project management (responsible for the technical co-ordination, control and follow up of the project)
* Adhere to statutory inspections (e.g. Fixed wire testing, LOLER, etc)
* Organise and manage (including the supervision of) external contractors
* Develop good working relationships both internally and externally
* Work closely with production to ensure machine performance levels are achieved
* Monitor and control engineering spend
* Control a budget for maintenance expenditure and be responsible for engineering spend overall
* Monitor and control stock levels (e.g. parts)
* To negotiate and control service contracts
* To provide management and ad-hoc reports as and when required
* Follow Health & Safety and Environmental procedures at all times
* Maintain high standards of housekeeping at all times within all areas
* Undertake any relevant training required
Qualifications and skills Required:
- Apprenticed trained
- Experience as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with sound electrical or mechanical knowledge
- Experience in a high-speed production plant is desirable but not essential.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have the drive to learn about new equipment and put new skills into action.
My client are forward-thinking organisation who have recently had an injection of investment into the business to go in the automation direction. This role will be ideal for a hungry engineer who wants to learn, develop and progress their career.