Accounts Payable Administrator
Leading organisation based in brand new Manchester City Centre based offices have created a new role for an Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their growing finance team.
As Accounts Payable Administrator you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes; to research and resolve exceptions and supplier queries, in accordance with performance and quality standards.
- Create, maintain and update supplier accounts via master data maintenance
- Deal with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Own the management of supplier queries between supplier, FSSC and business units, and Group Procurement
- Manage and resolve internal invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Pro-actively manage blockages in respect to invoice approval and GRN-ing - engage with approvers and receipts to ensure they action approval / receipting promptly
- Monitor and clear invoice register
- When corresponding, encourage suppliers to use the supplier self-service portal
- Work with Group Procurement to manage price variances
- Work with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Support continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and have used ERP systems before, Oracle is desirable
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation who can offer progression opportunities. This is an exciting time to join the business as they embark on a period of growth.
Apply below or to find out more about the Purchase Ledger roles please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on or call +.