The Financial Controller will have strategic input into business planning and will be responsible for a proactive commercial and management accounting function. This is a standalone position but the role will play an active role in managing the company's finances, as well as offering commercial insight for future projects and improving financial performance.
Future Care Capital is a charity, emerging from the sale of the awarding organisation, the Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE), in September 2015. Beginning life as the National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB) in 1945, then, operating as the Foundation for Training and Education in Care (FTEC), the charity has evolved throughout its 70-year history but continues to focus upon transformational work in the health and care arena.
The Financial Controller will take ownership of the finance function. This is a hands-on role and the candidate will be fully CIMA/ACA/ACCA or CIPFA qualified. The Controller will be responsible for accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting, financial risk management and financial control for the charity and its subsidiaries.
The Financial Controller will need to be a fully qualified accountant and have the following experience:
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements and forecast updates. This includes preparing the monthly management accounts and reporting of results.
- Preparing year accounts and liaising with the auditors
- Producing annual and three-year budget/forecast with review of risk, mitigation and opportunities.
- Preparing VAT, PAYE and other regulatory tax returns.
- Liaising with FCC's financial advisors and external auditors.
- Business partnering with senior stakeholders and the senior management team of an organisation
- Producing the financial reports for use at Board meetings.
Experience of dealing with company investments, capital investments, revenue generation activities e.g. bids, project related activities.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of XERO accounting software
- Third sector experience is desirable, but not essential.
£50,000-60,000 + Performance related bonus