Sales Engineer (Home Based)
Our client is a leading manufacturer of high value machinery and tooling for the thermoforming and packaging industry. They are now looking for a Sales Engineer to join the existing team, ideally based within the Midlands area, with the requirement to travel to client sites nationwide. The primary responsibility of the role is to focus on driving revenue growth through being part of an integral part of the sales function, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Being given access to an established and growing customer base, the role will maintain regular contact and further develop key accounts.
This position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an established company and although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army (REME), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within, or is looking to transition into a Business Development / Sales role.
In return the company offers a comprehensive training program with regular travel to the parent company in Germany in order to gain a full understanding of the machines and process. Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be required to undertake extensive travel nationwide with occasional overnight stays therefore a flexible approach to travel is essential.
- The primary responsibility of the Sales Engineer is to maintain and develop our client’s business relationships with both existing and new customers.
- Maintain CRM system on a daily basis. Respond to sales enquiries and quotations in a prompt manner.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to the parent company in Germany therefore you must be aware of both potential sales, but also those of competitors to provide an accurate reflection of the market as a whole.
- Liaising with team members and reporting back to Senior Managers.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company’s products or services.
- Keeping abreast of competitors.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Gathering market and customer information.
- Negotiate on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy.
- Record sales and order information.
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Attend team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- The successful candidate should either hold a strong background within an engineering discipline with the desire to progress with a sales role or hold a good sales background with the ability to transition into our client’s business.
- Prepared to travel to various customer sites on a daily basis along with overnight stays when needed.
- Candidates must be confident, have excellent customer interface skills and be good communicators.
- Self-motivated and capable of developing your own efficient approach to work.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Able to read, understand and use technical knowledge to promote and sell products.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Highly organised.
- Full driving license.
- IT Literate.
- Thermoforming experience.
- Basic knowledge of the German language.
- Commission and Bonus Scheme.
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 stats).
- Pension Scheme.
- Company Car, Mobile, Laptop provided.
- Training Provided.
- Healthcare, Life Insurance and Personal Insurance.
- Monday - Friday 40 - 45 hours.