Fire and Security Systems Technician
Excellent opportunity for a Fire & Security Systems Technician to join a national leading FM provider in Speke
Your new company
You will be working for one of the Nation's leading providers of Facilities Management services in the UK to be based on their client's site in Speke on a permanent basis.
Your new role
You will be responsible for providing first line system maintenance, reactive & small or extra works to, automatic fire, fire extinguishing, and fire aspiration alarm systems, with response to CCTV, access control and security systems.
Your principal responsibilities will include:
- Provide commissioning, installation and reactive attendance for, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems and CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems to other Specialist Services contract sites when called upon.
- Advise or recommend improvement for additions or reductions in the scope of works.
- Produce comprehensive day work / extra works quotations in a competitive and realistic manner, ensuring that the quotation is accurate, achievable and commercially viable.
- Co-ordinate and professionally carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Activities in conjunction with Specialist Services Service Centre requests and/or site/clients database requirements.
- To be responsible and monitor all contracted, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems with expected 1st response to CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
- To be responsible and monitor all contracted, CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems with expected 1st response to Automatic Fire Alarm Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
- To carry out any reasonable request for reactive calls or site system moves and changes both by way of small works installation and commissioning.
- Take responsibility for notifying the Service Centre of all activity, the maintaining of up to date records of work carried out and the updating of PPM scope of works database and site log books.
- All standards of work in compliance with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
- To participate and comply with Material ordering & Procurement procedure.
- To ensure all reactive works are carried out in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
- To comply with the client and EMCOR's safety rules and to maintain a high standard of discipline.
- Ensure your assistance in Competent Delivery of service and reactive response to the clients contracted Fire & Security Systems.
- To manage effectively weekly timesheets, mileage sheets and necessary administration paperwork on weekly and monthly basis, as detailed in the Engineers policies or requested by Supervisor, manager or Office Staff.
- Adhere to ISO 9001,ISO 9002 Quality Procedures in accordance with the company quality manual, along with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
- Control and Manage tools and plant on site, and ensure that equipment resources are fit for purpose and adequate for the assigned works.
Any other duties as requested by other staff, service desk personnel and Management.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need City and Guilds (or equivalent) in installation of electronic equipment, as well as proven experience on the service and maintenance of CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm Systems and Automatic Fire Alarm Systems. You will need estimating and quotation experience, with project management skills and the ability to implement a program of works, and team / self / sub-contractor controlled delivery to deadline timescales Understanding of Asset collation and controlled program of Just In Time replacement to ensure all reactive works are carried out within Service Level Agreements. You will need knowledge and experience of permits to work, method statements and risk assessments and FSI (BFPSA) Training and Certification (Design, Maintenance & Installation).
What you'll get in return
You'll receive a competitive salary of up to £28,000 plus company car, 25 days annual leave with excellent prospects for further development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.