Senior Data Scientist
JOB TITLE: Senior Data Scientist
LOCATION: London, Travel to other locations when required.
This role is for a Senior Data Scientist to join our clients amazing Data Science team. They create state of the art algorithms and tools to help the business grow and impact the online travel market.
- You'll dive into cutting edge machine learning models, experiment and apply new ones, and apply analytics at scale in order to impact the business. Use the latest cloud and data technologies to train and deploy machine learning models at scale. If you can prove your approaches are good, they'll be quickly deployed to production.
- You're passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and you are able to communicate that passion.
- You have a keen desire to solve problems and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- You propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- You're looking for a role with diverse learning opportunities, growing and having fun while at it. You’re expected to keep abreast of the latest data science industry developments and coach the team on them.
- Be enthusiastic in collaborating, developing relationships within the company, and finding new business applications of data science and coaching more junior team members.
- MSc or PhD degree in machine learning, or computer science/statistics with strong machine learning component
- Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages or equivalents: Python, Scala, R
- Good programming practices, ability to write readable, fast, object-oriented code
- Expertise in machine learning: framing business problems as machine learning problems, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing algorithms
- Good understanding of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (plus) machine learning algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as scikit-learn, Spark ML, excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Very good understanding of data technologies; Hadoop, Spark, and standard relational database structures along with query languages (SQL); experience in the Cloud a plus
- Experience working in a fast-moving commercial environment and excellent organisational skills - this is a fast-paced operation in a high-growth phase, so it's critical to be able to keep multiple balls in the air.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as to manage workflow in accordance with project timelines is required
- Effective communication and team management skills to technical and business audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms, adapting communication technical depth to the audience
- Strong business/commercial sense to combine with analytics to help drive recommendations; ability to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities
- Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and A/B tests
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below.