Accountant (Area Controller)
This is a temporary Area Controller role to provide a backfill resource for the UK controllership team. This is to enable team members to concentrate on a separate business critical project as we transition to a new accounting system. The controllership team covers the provision of high quality financial management and reporting for UK statutory entities owned within the business groups plus statutory reporting.
The jobholder will be accountable for the effective and timely delivery of the monthly close activities and associated reporting for the business groups supported; assisting with the production and submission of local statutory and compliance requirements and meeting the quarterly reporting requirements for their Corporate groups.
The role requires strong relationship building with business finance, corporate functions, internal & external audit, and within the service centre community and is critical in ensuring that all revenue, costs, commitments, assets and liabilities are accurately recorded on a timely basis. This role will provide support and control of the business unit's balance sheet and ensure that the financial statements reflect local and international standards as well as complying with the Sarbanes Oxley recommendations.
The role reports to the Assistant Controller - UK within Controllership Services and is based in London. This role will be covering various UK companies.
The key activities for the role are as follows:
- Manage the delivery of the monthly close activities for each company under remit
- Production of key supporting schedules for P&L and Balance sheet.
- Controllership of balance sheet accounts for all companies within remit, providing guidance on key issues and resolution to problem items in accordance with Corporate SOX guidelines.
- Closely monitoring bank reconciliations
- Assist where needed with UK audits currently in process
- Manage ad hoc projects
- Assist where needed with the transition of existing accounting system; SAP to new accounting system NetSuite.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
Key attributes for this role are:
- Qualified accountant (or by experience) with post qualification experience
- Previous management experience is beneficial
- Strong financial and management accounting background
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP
- End to end accounting process understanding
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with customer and stakeholders
- Comfortable with working autonomously
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Clear and effective communicator
- Strong customer focus work ethic
- Self motivated
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81113311