Contract Multi Skilled Engineer
I am now looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Engineer for a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield on a contract basis.. As the Multi Skilled Engineer you will support with the maintenance of all production machinery, ensuring the department operates efficiently. This position will be based on shifts and for more information please apply below.
Based in Sheffield my client are a large, UK based Manufacturing company who employ circa 100 staff. The company have come through a large growth period and due to this now require a Multi Skilled Engineer based on shifts on a contract.
As the Maintenance Engineer you will work alongside a small team of maintenance personnel and report directly into the Engineering Manager. Within this team will be Electrical and Mechanical Engineer and you may be asked to develop in other areas of the business. Dependent on your area of expertise you will be assigned to a certain area of the business and will be responsible for testing, repairing and maintaining all plant machinery to ensure utmost reliability and safety whilst reducing downtime.
- Monitoring, recording and controlling all engineering work (including that of contractors) to ensure that it conforms to the highest standards consistent with cost, hygiene, quality, health and safety standards and customer expectations.
- Minimising the spares inventory, monitoring usage, holding only such stock that can be justified by a viable cost/benefit analysis and ensuring that spares suppliers can deliver other spares on time.
- Liaising closely with all the relevant departments to provide an engineering service that helps to deliver an excellent level of customer service and conformance to customer expectations.
- Ensuring that all work is professionally carried out and conforms in all respects to legislation, good practice and guidelines covering the Health and Safety at Work/Factories Acts.
- Supporting, liaising and working closely with colleagues to ensure that all new projects have the engineering inputs they require.
- Reviewing the performance of the engineering function with the aim of making continual improvements to increase its effectiveness and quality.
To apply for the position of Multi Skilled Engineer based in Sheffield you will have:
- Good, strong manufacturing background within maintenance of plant machinery.
- HNC or Apprentice trained within Mechanical Engineering or Fitting.
- HSE Awareness and ability to improve the site.
- Good time keeping skills and motivation to make a difference.
- IT Literate.
£30,000 - £35,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81075823