Band 5 Recovery Worker
Recovery Worker - Band 5
Medacs Healthcare are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Recovery Worker, who has the right outlook and personality to provide a dedicated comprehensive Tier 2/3 service, to people with drug and alcohol problems, their families, and friends within the organisational framework of the Cambridgeshire Community Drug Team.
This will include, the provision of drug and alcohol treatment to service users within the locality, holding a caseload of service users and being responsible for offering a range of interventions to that individual, as well as supporting a service user through their treatment journey from beginning to end.
- Foundation Degree/HNC in related field which may include counselling, social work, nursing, psychology, human resources, social studies
- Considerable experience of working with drug and alcohol users
- Thorough knowledge of drug & alcohol and their effects: knowledge of blood borne viruses and sexual health
As a Recovery Worker, you will accept referrals, assess need and make appropriate recommendations as part as a robust 'duty system'. Provide harm reduction advice, information and support with an emphasis on safer drug and alcohol use, safer sex, HIV, Hepatitis A,B and C and other blood borne infections. You will also be responsible for maintaining a full case load of complex clients as the key worker and make home visits consistent with need.
- To accept referrals, assess need and make appropriate recommendations as part as a robust 'duty system'.
- Provide harm reduction advice, information and support with an emphasis on safer drug use, safer sex, HIV, Hepatitis A,B and C and other blood borne infections
- Be responsible for maintaining a full case load of complex clients as the key worker.
- To make home visits consistent with need.
- To carry out comprehensive assessments, construct care packages with multi-disciplinary colleagues where required, review care plans in a structured format and manage onward referral.
- To assist and support medical and nurse prescribers during harm reduction and prescribing clinics.
- To provide a range of structured psycho-social interventions including CBT based brief solution focused therapy and motivational enhancement techniques.
- Make domiciliary visits to service users particularly for those with disabilities and to those with family responsibilities.
- Retain contact with service users whilst they are accommodated in residential rehabilitation units including visits when required.
- To create and facilitate group work interventions.
- To provide a needle exchange service.
- Demonstrable commitment to service user involvement.
- To work with a range of professional in ensuring service users' needs in terms of safeguarding and mental health are met.
- Carryout needle exchanges, home visits and the running of clinics.
- Encourage and work with service users to move forward in their recovery
- Encourage and work intensively with service users to support them move away from maintenance treatment where appropriate
In return we offer the following benefits
Medacs Healthcare is one of the leading and fastest growing healthcare agencies both in the UK and worldwide. Some of the fantastic benefits of being registered with Medacs Healthcare include:
* A wide range of temporary roles offering both part and full time hours
* Fast track registration
* Experienced recruitment consultants
* 24-hour support service
* Free mandatory training
* £150 refer a Qualified Professional bonus scheme
If this position is of interest to you and you hold the relevant qualifications, then apply today! Alternatively, please contact Craig Johnson at Medacs Healthcare on for more information