My client is one of the UK’s fastest from Education Technology start-ups. Having just raised just under £10m funding during their series A, my client is looking to expand its finance function to assist with the growth of the business with a goal of IPO in 2-4 years.
If you are a motivated and successful qualified accountant looking for an exciting commercial role within the tech sector then we would be keen to speak with you.
Reporting as one of two direct reports into the Finance Director, this is a hands on role with both reporting and commercial aspects. This is an exciting senior role that offers the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in the UK.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- The position is a senior role within the newly established finance function, aimed at providing a structure and discipline around the provision of reporting, creation and tracking of forecasts and budgets.
- You will play a lead role in the project management of regular reporting and forecasting processes including all quarterly forecasts, annual budget and monthly outturn / short term forecasting.
- Proactively identifying margin generative opportunities and process efficiencies
- Overseeing balance sheet and cash flow forecasting, working closely with FD to identify future cash requirements
- Supporting ad hoc analysis required for the VC investors, and a key team member in supporting the modelling and data requirements for future funding and investment processes.
- Co-ordination, challenge and presentation of financial projections and results.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), a relevant degree with a 2.1 or above (or equivalent)
- Experience with analysis, forecasting, budgeting and management reporting with proven success
- Strong excel skills with the ability to manage and analyse large volumes of data
- Experience with ERP system (PeopleSoft/SAP/Oracle/Hyperion Planning/Essbase)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and on paper with the ability to interact well with the senior management team