Care Homes Business Manager
Title: Care Homes Business Manager
Responsible For: Catering and Housekeeping Services
Salary: £27,540 depending on experience
Are you a dedicated professional individual looking to provide a managed high quality care within a well established care home? Medacs Healthcare are currently looking for a Care Homes Business Manager to work within the Cambridgeshire area in the catering and housekeeping service department.
You will be held responsible and accountable for:
- Working collaboratively with the Care Home Manager to manage the day-to-day organisation and Business needs of the Care Home, ensuring that we provide high standards of care and welfare, reflecting customer choice at all times.
- In the absence of the Care Home Manager, taking responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day running of the Home, ensuring all policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales and where required, seek advice and guidance from another member of Management within our Residential Care team
- Demonstrating and driving continuous improvement in quality of services.
- Leading, training and developing a high quality catering and and housekeeping team, including supervision, mentoring and coaching of these staff
- Achieve the expansion of the OPS service in accordance with the company's business and individual objectives as set out in accordance with the Performance Management Scheme.
- Contribute to the appraisal and development of potential new services.
Leading, Managing and Developing the Staff
You will lead, develop and ensure effective management of the catering and housekeeping service team through formal and informal supervision, constructive feedback and quarterly practical observation, annual appraisals in line with the Performance Management Process. Ensuring written records of supervision are kept and regular appraisals are conducted and reviewed.
You may also deal with any complaints and grievances informally as and when required, using a person centred approach, so where possible the matter does not progress to a formal stage, keeping the Care Home Manager informed.
- 30 days holiday increasing to 35 days inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff), depending on length of service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by BUPA
- Discounted gym membership (4 schemes)
- Corporate members of Edenred Travel Club
- Free on site/nearby parking
- Free tunics
- Free DBS check
- Full induction
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed, to find out more please get in touch with George Milonas on