Do you have experience working with children?
Would you like to work 5 days per week in local secondary schools? (Great opportunity to work around other commitments and to suit work life balance).
Would time in the classroom be the catalyst you need to move your career to the next level? If so then contacting Randstad Education is the way forward! We consider candidates from all levels starting from NQT's and have lots to offer!
Randstad Education work very closely with a number of schools in the Conwy area who are looking classroom supervisors to cover absences.
We are looking for Cover Supervisors to work on a casual, ad hoc basis, covering lessons and year groups as and when teachers are absent. Cover Supervisors deliver pre-set work, which absent teachers have set in order to ensure that students in their classes will continue to learn and be productive throughout the school day.
Successful candidates will need:
* Strong behaviour management skills with the ability to keep pupils on task and ensuring a constructive working environment
* The ability to explain, supervise and respond to any questions from pupils about work that has been set, regardless of subject
* To be able to think on their feet, be flexible and improvise should arrangements within the classroom change at short notice, i.e. room changes, no cover work set etc.
* To be aware of how systems, policies and procedures vary from school to school and to work inside the guidelines, for sanctions, behaviour, delivery of work etc.
* A strong sense of teamwork, and have the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues, teachers and support staff around the school to ensure the smooth running of the school day.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
In reward for your hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, teacher of the term awards, access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
To discuss this in more detail, please apply online
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks