I have now been engaged by a large Engineering organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who due to expansion are looking to recruit a Project Manager to be the owner of overall projects. As the Project Manager you will manage and direct the project development from contract award through to completion. This position is commutable from Barnsley, Sheffield, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client are a Engineering business who supply products and projects to a range of industries including, Power, Energy, Automation and Oil & Gas. Due to continued expansion and success they now have the need to recruit a Project Manager to be based at their South Yorkshire operations commutable from Barnsley, Sheffield, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
The Project Manager (Leader) has primary responsibility for leading the team to ensure the objectives are defined, planned, tracked and managed during the lifecycle of the projects assigned. The incumbent will work to successfully deliver projects in a manner that fulfils contractual and technical requirements, meets or exceeds customer expectations, and adheres to safety and ethical standards, while achieving company target margins and promoting the business reputation in the market place. This will be based in Sheffield.
The Project Manager has ownership of each assigned project, responsible for resolving project problems in a timely manner, and maintaining project quality and adherence to schedule and budget.
For each project, key responsibilities include managing project handover and risk management, Customer relations, contract management, setting of overall schedule, executing project, managing costs, managing internal business partners, reviewing and reporting progress, variation order management, assuring OTD, collecting cash, project close out and LD negotiations.
- Planning & Scheduling: Using information about activities and deliverables to determine the overall project duration, and when activities and events are scheduled to occur.
- Project Resource Management: Identifying, securing and assigning resources to activities so that the project is delivered within scope, cost and timescales.
- Budget and Cost Management: Ensuring budgets are estimated, agreed, tracked and managed properly throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Anticipating, identifying, assessing and addressing potential or actual events and items that may impact positively or negatively on project delivery or benefits realisation.
- Project Quality Management: Project quality management is the discipline that is applied to ensure that both the project outputs, and the processes by which the outputs are delivered meet the required stakeholder needs.
- Progress Monitoring and Reporting: Reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project progress through the timely and accurate collection, maintenance and dissemination of project information to stakeholders.
- Project Review and Evaluation: Conducting regular reviews to check project progress, evaluate achievement of project benefits and capture and disseminate lessons learned.
- Project Closure: Finalising all project matters, including obtaining agreement to completion from the customer, handing back or redeploying project resources, archiving all project information, conducting final project reviews and sharing learning for future use.
To apply for the position of Project Manager based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will have:
Required Education / Experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering, IT or related field; or
- Extensive and proven project and/or implementation management experience of medium projects across Engineering, Procurement and Construction / Commissioning.
Preferred Education / Experience
- Certified Project Manager
- Experience working with remote/dispersed teams is highly desirable
- Experience working on international projects is desirable
- MS Project - Expert preferred, proficient required
- Engineering experience is an advantage
- Experience in the Industrial or Power & Energy markets is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in MS Office & SharePoint
Salary Range is £30,000 - £45,000
Travel expectations is 10%
Benefits: - Pension, Company-wide bonus scheme, and additional benefits.