PMP Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer for a successful Manufacturing organisation in Bridgend
£30,000 - £40,000 pa doe
This role will suit a CIPS qualified buyer with experience in an SME, high volume, manufacturing environment.
Duties will include:-
- Negotiate cost effective supply contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods or services
- Manage suppliers to ensure supplier delivery performance against target
- With existing suppliers, work consistently to find opportunities to make further savings
- Manage and develop the suppliers according to internal systems and external impacts
- Ensure all production materials (existing & NPI) are delivered in accordance with planned build time.
- Work closely with production planning and sales to understand current demand and communicate effectively to suppliers in the form of material forecast.
- Monthly reporting on agreed KPI's
- Supervise and mentor buyers
Knowledge & Experience:-
- Previous experience of procurement within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Preferrably CIPS qualified
- Innovative in generating savings
- Experienced in supplier sourcing
- Contract management and negotiation experience essential
- Demonstrable experience in project management
Are you an experienced Buyer? Have you worked in high volume manufacturing? IF so PMP Recruitment would like to hear from you.
To be immediately considered for this role, please upload your CV in a Word format.
PMP Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.