Software Engineer - Reading
Job Tile: Software Engineer
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Reading, Berkshire
The role of software engineer is broad and varied, with primary focus on development and maintenance of our application suite. Successful candidates will be one of several engineers working on both new and existing applications on a variety of platforms.
Main Duties are, but are not limited to:
- Develop & Maintain :
- Our primary software suite (WinForms + SQL)
- Website/Services (eventually administration of)
- New products and functionality
- Provide technical knowledge/assistance :
- To sales team to help them communicate with customers and to identify/clarify their technical requirements
- To service team for problem solving, queries and general technical help
- Provide development feedback to mechanical and electrical designers
- Education and Experience :
- Software Engineering Degree (2.1 or better)
- 5 years in-role experience minimum, preferably in a scientific or engineering background
- Technical Skills Required (at expert level) :
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- .Net Parallel Programming (APM, TAP)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Design patterns (MVVM, MVC)
- Technical Skills Required (at competent level) :
- MS SQL
- Windows Operating Systems (Win7+)
- SDK, API Integrations
- Working within Distributed Source Control (Mercurial/Kiln Preferred)
- Working with Bug Trackers (Fogbugz for instance)
- Technical Skills Beneficial :
- PRISM, MEF, Unity Administration of Continuous Integration systems and related technologies such as TeamCity
- MS Build Scripts, MSI Installers (Wix Base Preferred)
- SDK, API Integrations
- Any Geotechnical Engineering knowledge will be of notable benefit
- Arm Based Development, Android App Development
- Windows WebServer 2008, IIS, MailEnable administration
- Any degree subject is acceptable, although Civil Engineering/Geotechnical related degrees are preferred.
- Sales experience is preferable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Good time management and prioritisation of work to agreed deadlines
- Good generic IT Skills (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign knowledge is advantageous, but not essential)
- Highly motivated, proactive and capable of working without supervision
- Willing and able to deliver presentations
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960582190