Care Assistant Needed
Home Manager / Deputy Manager / Senior Care Assistant
DBS CHECK NEEDED
NVQ 2 or equivalent in care for care homes
Salary: £7.00ph - £8.50ph
Delivers high standards of personal care, contributing fully to the care team to ensure continuity of services to residents.
- Assist residents in their personal care including toileting, cleaning, bathing, dressing and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals.
- Serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents require additional attention at mealtimes.
- Assist residents with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and stimulation and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
- Regularly attend to residents with reduced continence control, toileting, cleaning and changing continence pads and removing wet or soiled clothing to ensure the resident remains comfortable and the risk of skin deterioration is reduced and monitored.
- Carry out care activity in accordance with the care plan for less active and frail residents, particularly turning and moving to reduce the risk of development of pressure sores, as requested by the person in charge.
- Ensure bedroom areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes.
- Responsible for the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including commodes and wheelchairs.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
- To attend Staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- To adhere to Home Policies and Procedures.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder.
Company DescriptionOur Employees are the forefront of our Business! We are only good as the candidates we source