Senior IP Engineer
As senior member of the Customer Engineering team, you are responsible for the design, documentation and deployment of customer connectivity within a global Service Provider IP/MPLS network. Primary focus is on designing of extranet solutions of large-scale IPSec and MPLS VPN, IP multicast solutions and TDM/Ethernet based services.
- Design and test new technologies, features, and solutions and documenting the results so that they can be repeated by members of the Implementations team and supported by the Network Operations Center
- Work closely with Sales Engineering and Product Marketing to understand customer requirements and develop scalable, consistent and supportable technical solutions
- Provide third-level support to TNS’ Network Operations Center staff, and Implementations teams
- Develop and document detailed lab test plans and reports, document procedures and new configurations, provide training for operations departments and other engineers, provide written troubleshooting, debugging, and problem detail to vendors.
Interact with vendors to resolve problems and bugs, and perform hands-on testing, configuration, and troubleshooting
- B.S. (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering. MS preferred.
- 8+ years of design experience in large-scale multiprotocol ISP or Telecommunications environment
- 5+ years of experience with architecture and provisioning of solutions within MPLS environments including Traffic Engineering, Carrier Ethernet, MPLS L2 and L3 VPNs, VPLS, Circuit Emulation, IPSec, VPNs, IP Multicast, and QOS/COS
- Extensive hands-on experience with the design and configuration of Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- Experience in network design and implementation based on high-level customer requirements
- Proficient in IPSec (including DMVPN and RRI) design, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting
- Proficient in IP Multicast design, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting
- Extensive TCP/IP and routing knowledge (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, PIM, BFD).
- Experience with Customer Edge features such as Network Address Translation, VRRP/HSRP
- Proven ability to create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented solutions
- Expert-level troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience in vendor product evaluation (hardware, software, service provider)
- Experience and technical understanding of broadband service deployments (xDSL, Cable).
- Ability to design, plan, and coordinate network maintenance and installation windows.
- Hardworking, focused, thorough, and punctual
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management
- Experience providing support for Tier1 and Tier2 environments
- Self-motivated; able to work independently or within a team environment with minimum instruction from management
- Able to work flexible hours as required and provide on-call support
Optional Desired Qualifications:
- Cisco and/or Juniper certifications (CCIE/CCNP-SP, JNCIE, JNCIP)
- Experience with AAA, Tacacs+, Radius, and CA/PKI
- Experience with Voice over IP, Dial Services (Async/PPP, ISDN), Wireless services (CDMA, EVDO, GPRS, EDGE, 802.11b/g/n), Server Load-Balancing (F5)
- Firewall configuration experience with PIX/ASA, IOS, or Netscreen/JunOS
- UNIX/Linux Experience