School Finance Officer - Hertfordshire - Immediately
Job Title: Finance Officer
Tempest Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a school based in Hertfordshire who are looking to appoint an experienced Finance Officer.
The role is based in Hertfordshire. The school are looking for someone who can start in May. This is a permanent position.
You will need proven financial and accounting experience, ideally in a school environment although this is not essential as full training will be provided. You will need to be computer literate and be proficient in using accounting systems and Excel. You will need to be able to work independently as well as being part of a team.
The role is for 37 hours per week, term time plus 2 additional weeks during school holidays to be agreed.
As a Finance Officer you will have:
- To manage effective systems of internal control
- To manage all issues in accordance with all financial regulations and the Scheme of Delegation
- To have overall responsibility for the day to day financial management of the Academy
- Prepare and implement Fixed Asset Accounting
- Maintain the Assets Register and the Register of Business Interests in conjunction with other staff
- To be responsible for the reconciliation of payroll
- To ensure that all routine reconciliations are carried out on a regular and timely basis
- To contribute significantly to the preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Finance Director
- To be responsible for the preparation of reports and returns required by the Local Governance Committee, SLT and government bodies
- Prepare all documentation necessary for the external and internal audits
- To act as budget holder for certain expenditure cost centres
- In conjunction with the Principal and the Finance Director, to be responsible for advising the Senior Leadership Team and Local Governance Committee on all aspects of the Academy's finances and producing a commentary on the Academy's financial performance.
The School Business Office is very busy, so you must be dynamic, energetic, highly effective and self-motivated.
To apply for this role please contact Chris Steeds at Tempest Resourcing as soon as possible or fill out the application form below.