To design and develop the appropriate products to meet customer expectations and comply with all relevant specifications and standards. The role will take a holistic approach to product design and development in a mechanical, electrical & chemical engineering environment, taking into account factors such as safety, cost, ease of manufacture and through-life support.
* All activities are undertaken in full compliance with H&SE legislation and Company procedures and policies and to report any unsafe acts or unsafe conditions observed (using the Near Miss system) in accordance with your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Appropriate technical requirements, technical risk registers, technical programmes, and resource plans are prepared in support of bids and PV cases.
* All products are designed to deliver a technically compliant product to cost, on time, and to the correct quality standards.
* All products are designed in compliance with relevant BMS, International and Customer Specifications and Standards.
* Responsible for the creation of all design documentation including specifications, drawings, design calculations, models, technical reports, test and trials procedures and plans, etc.
* The ability to define and deliver the needs to complete a number of concurrent and complex product development projects.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.