Technical Project Engineer
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Project Engineer to join a leading organisation in factory automation and pneumatics, based in Northampton.
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience plus 14.5% commission after successful completion of 6 month probationary period.
Based in the office, you will be responsible for any technical expertise. You will be aiding customers over the phone with problem solving technical issues. You will also be providing a high-quality design and estimation service, whilst ensuring all technical risk assessments are completed prior to estimation stage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provide a high quality, flexible & effective design & estimation service.
- On receipt of Sales order, to take an estimation through to a completed design.
- Carry out full technical risk assessments prior to estimation stage.
- Supporting the Sales Team, Business Drivers and Customers by providing technical expertise in Pneumatic and electric automation.
- Take technical responsibilities for all assigned sales orders from receipt to fulfilment including leading design reviews on these projects.
- · Provide a resource to allow Project management to be undertaken when requested
- · Ensure all stakeholders are aware of the status of all application support enquiries.
- · Support sales in developing winning proposals and participate presentation.
- Use your engineering skills to design best possible solution.
- Have a role in the root cause analysis process
- Visit customers independently of Sales Colleagues
- · Liaise with HQ, as and when necessary.
- · To provide sizing and recommendation of products for applications in support of the customer.
- Constantly assess accuracy of estimations by regular review of actual cost.
- Keep up-to-date with new or withdrawn products.
Essential Skills/Qualifications –
- You must have experience in a similar field.
- Degree qualified (1:1 or 2:1) in relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of Pneumatics and Automation.
- Experience of designing Electro-pneumatics and automation solutions.
- Experience in 2D or 3D CAD design.
- Solid-works experience.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understands the impact and can demonstrate the use of regular communication.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81040970