Relief Support Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions, and older people. Our service in Blackpool supports up to 13 people living in their own flats who have very complex needs and very unique abilities that require quite focussed support and a good understanding of the need to follow specific guidelines.
We are looking for a motivated, caring individual to provide person-centred support to people with housing related support needs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting service users to maintain their tenancy.
- Liaising with housing officers, landlords and other housing and benefits related services.
- Supporting service users with additional needs such as mental health and potential contributing factors such as substance misuse and addictions by collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Identifying and accessing opportunities for social inclusion with service users.
- Collaborating with service users, families where appropriate, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users.
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service.
Experience of working with people with Housing related support needs, Mental Health issues, substance addiction and misuse, or learning disability is desirable. The position is open to graduates, experienced practitioners, and people looking to start their career in social care
This position is available as relief. You will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, this may include: evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and training regarding changes to the law governing social care.