3rd Line Support Engineer - Knutsford
Are you a technically-minded professional with experience in operations support?
This is an opportunity to join the UK's leading distributor of electrical equipment as a 3rd Line Support Engineer.
You'll be based at their Service Centre in Knutsford which supports 350+ business locations across the UK. The group already employ over 4,500 people and have an impressive turnover of £1.2 billion.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will become a key part of the company's Systems and Procedures Department. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the company's core infrastructure, including monitoring systems for security, availability and performance
- Advising on matters affecting the technical configuration of the hardware, operating systems and software in use across the company
- Identifying and proactively managing risks relating to computer systems
- Providing a technical point of escalation for colleagues
Essential Technical Skills
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you should have:
- Extensive experience of maintaining Head Office IT infrastructure: Microsoft Active Directory, print services, Exchange/O365, SQL and storage
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting email delivery issues
- Extensive experience of maintaining routers, firewalls & VPN's
- Extensive experience of backup and restore technologies
- Extensive experience in desk-side support
- Knowledge of IT Security technologies and platforms
- 5+ years' experience in operations support
These technical skills are also desirable:
- Experience of virtualisation technologies
- Experience of IIS and Linux
- Experience of software licensing compliance and configuration management
- Knowledge of IOS and Android platforms
- Knowledge of ITIL
Essential Professional Skills
The business is looking for thorough, methodical and analytical individuals with the following skills:
- Able to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Implementation planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to contribute to detailed systems architecture documentation
- Knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- An awareness of emerging technologies
You'll receive a starting salary of £28,000-£32,000 (depending on experience) plus a generous annual bonus. The role is based at the company's Head Office in the centre of Knutsford. There is a supportive and friendly working environment and an on-site canteen which provides free lunches. You will also have the option to join the company's excellent pension scheme.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today to find out more!