Research & Data Specialist
Research & Data Specialist
A Research & Data Specialist, who has passion for discovering commercial insight, is needed to join a global consulting firm that is renowned for delivering tangible, high-impact results for clients. Working from their London office, expect to play a key role helping project teams find critical information whilst seeking out new and varied data sources.
Established over 35 years ago and with offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe and over 1,200 employees, this global management consultancy has an unprecedented reputation in helping clients to make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and increase shareholder returns. This is a rare opportunity for a Research & Data Specialist / Commercial Insight Analyst to progress their career driving the research capabilities of the London office.
Working as part of the European Data & Analytics team the Research & Data Specialist will seek out and expand the range of datasets used to deliver client work. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the central focus for research efforts;
- Leveraging proprietary databases and other information online;
- Seeking out new and varied data sources;
- Identifying, extracting, cleaning and cataloguing datasets;
- Creating research guides and other training materials;
- Supporting project teams / partners to find critical information;
- Managing data licences.
In short it will be your intellectual curiosity that delivers innovative new datasets and research.
To qualify. You should be a Research & Data Specialist / Commercial Insight Analyst / Insight Analyst / Research Executive or similar who has a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar research / data role within in a business research department or business library / professional services firm undertaking a research role, or similar;
- The ability to undertake targeted research tasks across a broad range of potential sources;
- A familiarity with a range of online business research databases, e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson One, Cap IQ, Orbis, Profound, Oxford Economics, Mergermarket and Factiva;
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (accuracy, attention to detail, verbal and written communications);
- A 2:1 or above in a relevant subject – ideally in a subject requiring extensive research and/or data analysis and/or management of data;
- An interest in supporting and upskilling staff to undertake their own research;
- Intellectual curiosity to continually look for and curate innovative new datasets;
- A passion for discovering commercial insight through application of research methodologies to complex problems;
- An interest in developing new data assets through manipulating and transforming existing datasets (e.g. Excel, SQL, Alteryx).
Please include a cover letter with your CV that makes you stand out from the crowd.
Few roles can combine working within such a rewarding sector plus a diverse, varied and challenging position. Expect a welcoming environment where you will get exposure to a broad range of business sectors and strategic issues, and work with a high performing global marketing organisation.
More searches like this
- Banking, Finance & Insurance Research & Analysis £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Technology & New Media Research & Analysis £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Marketing & PR Research & Analysis £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector Research & Analysis £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Retail Research & Analysis £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)