Senior Associate Engineer - Simulation (CAE, FEA)
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Senior Associate Engineer - Simulation (CAE, FEA)
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Simulation Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines. You will apply your knowledge of Finite Element (FEA) Analysis and /or Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) to assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering degree, plus some relevant academic or industrial experience in FEA and/or MBD.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to perform complex assignments.
- Self-starter with problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, business leaders & process partners.
- A strong desire to grow simulation skills within in a complex engineering environment.
- Experience with internal combustion engines or other rotating machinery.
- Experience of Abaqus or similar FEA non-linear solvers.
- Experience of fatigue tools such as FEMFAT, n-Code or FE-SAFE.
- Experience of NX or similar pre-processors.
- Experience of SIMPACK/ADAMS or similar MBD tools.
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of engineering problems using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and/or Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD).
- Perform complex analysis work, identify and solve problems.
- Technical delivery, support and provide advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and supplier.
- Evaluate products and processes.
- Develop an understanding of internal and external customers' needs.
Salary: £32,500 - £35,000 (D.O.E)
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 10%bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81035631