BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Engineering Technician to join their team of staff in the Engineering department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a Maintenance Environment post apprenticeship or qualification gained. If required as a single hospital Engineering Technician, experience in working under own initiative is required.
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating Contractors and Service Engineers
- City& Guilds, ONC, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
- Fire safety or Fire Risk Assessment training desirable
- Understanding of Quality Management, customer satisfaction and the continuous improvement process
Duties of this role include:
- The provision of Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance
- Support the Senior Engineering Technician, Mobile Engineering Technicians and Regional Engineering Manager in their day-to-day duties
- Undertake the Engineering Planned Preventative Maintenance Routine as detailed in the Standard operating Procedure manuals. The level of undertaking will be based on the competency level established and ongoing internal development will enable the Eng.Tech. to work towards providing a comprehensive PPM coverage across the whole site
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.