Who will I be working for?
Hardide Coatings, is a leading innovator and provider of advanced surface coating technology and produces and applies patented tungsten carbide hardwearing surface coatings for highly-engineered components for a variety of industrial applications including aerospace, pumps and valves, power generation and oil & gas components. Our proprietary technology significantly increases the life of critical metal parts operating in abrasive, erosive, corrosive and chemically aggressive environments. Our headquarters and UK manufacturing facility in Bicester serves customers around the world including the UK, Europe, the Far East and Australia and a coatings facility in Martinsville, Virginia, USA processes parts for customers in North America.
What will I be doing?
Hardide has an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the quality and inspection team based at our Bicester location. You will be part of a small team responsible for supporting the work carried out during the coating process ensuring that customer components meet the right specifications.
Main tasks will include:
- Measuring of components using a coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
- Measurement of components using hand held equipment
- Measurement of components for surface finish
- Evaluation of components using visual examination against standards
- Equipment calibration and records
- Completion of works records and inspection data
- Technical drawings and interpretation
- Control of quarantined parts and support of corrective action systems
- Assisting the Senior Quality Engineer in the running of the Quality department
- Other duties when required
What skills and qualifications do I need?
Education and Experience:
- Although this is an entry level position, with opportunity for training and personal development, some experience in a quality or inspection environment is desirable.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) qualifications in Maths and English.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to organise own workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing priorities
What else do I need to know?
This is a permanent job with excellent benefits including; pension, health cash plan, 25 days holiday and lots of opportunity for learning, personal development and progression.
Please use your cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role and to state your salary expectations. Your cover letter will be used along with your CV to access your application.
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered)