Capita IT Resourcing's client based in Central London is currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. They are a FinTech company who help their clients to obtain the best prices regardless of changing market conditions.
The successful candidate will join the infrastructure group which is responsible for all of the underlying technology for the whole firm. You will maintain networks, servers and datacentres, and in addition will provide the resilient storage, databases, enterprise applications and end user computing environments that use them. All of this work is carried out in a company that rewards performance not experience, avoiding the bureaucracy of many large organisations and maintaining a flat hierarchy.
Key skills and experience for the role:
- Passion for automation, and a desire to know how computers inter-operate in cuticular detail
- Keen interest in open source and new technologies
- Desire to work closely with highly technical colleagues on all levels of the stack (from hardware specifications and datacentre operation to intricate protocol or software architecture)
- 2:1 (or foreign equivalent) degree in a STEM subject at undergraduate level
- Demonstrates evidence of strong technical prowess, maybe by writing and maintaining open source software, or configuring complex networks
- The ability to code proficiently in multiple programming languages
- Comfortable on the Linux command line
- Takes pride in well documented systems and can communicate their work to the rest of the team effectively
- Detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of operating system and network basics (i.e. a successful candidate should know how technical elements such as DNS, TCP/IP, or BGP work, and will probably have managed their own Linux machines)
- 1-2 years' work experience in a fast-paced professional environment
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your updated CV via the link below for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960556374