A Career with AJ Power Limited
Established in 2003, AJ Power specialises in the volume manufacture and design of diesel generating sets with a management team who have over 40 years’ experience in the industry. All AJ Power generating sets provide reliable power, innovative design and peace of mind. The market for generating sets is growing rapidly, keeping pace with the rising demand for electricity and AJ Power are at the forefront with technology to meet this demand.
Since its inception AJ Power has maintained continuous and remarkable growth and its products are now in use in over 80 countries around the world. Our international presence is marked by an extensive network of distributors worldwide. We are seeking to appoint a Sales Manager based in England covering the UK market (excluding Northern Ireland).
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager based in England, covering the UK market with AJ Power Limited. The Sales Manager is an important role within the sales and operations team providing customers with solutions to their power requirements using AJ Power products.
Are you a well-connected and motivated Sales Manager who will establish our name within the generating industry in the UK? Then come and join our team.
Within our dynamic sales team, the Sales Manager will focus on generating new leads and closing existing business. You will work with an international, result-driven and energetic team of professionals. We offer a dynamic work place with a positive atmosphere.
The role will involve extensive travel across the UK and you must have excellent communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build customer relationships, rapport and trust to effectively manage the full sales cycle including the negotiations on major projects as well as fulfilling shorter term customer requirements;
- Co-ordinate and follow-up on existing leads and generate new leads in an effective and structured manner;
- Identify new business opportunities and contribute to the on-going planning and development of the Company’s sales, marketing and business development strategies;
- Attract and retain suitable business partners and agents to promote and sell the AJ Power product range;
- Interpret customer requirements and create solutions using the technical and commercial resources available within the Company;
- Contribute to new product/service development, promotion/distribution, customer care and the Company’s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback and market research;
- Manage all public relations and promotional activity undertaken by the Company in conducting business with its customers in England, building AJ Power brand awareness and developing Unique Selling Points;
- Develop, update and maintain a database of existing and potential customers through the development and implementation of a "Customer Relationship Management" system;
- Demonstrate the technical ability of AJ Power products to potential customers and consultants;
- Provide regular information to assist management with decision making, including competitor profiles and market analysis;
- Efficiently manage the Company’s marketing activities in England, together with administration duties that include the preparation of management reports to enhance the decision making capability of the Company;
- Make recommendations to management on business development activity and on how the Company can improve the marketability of its products;
- Determine price strategies for clients and conduct negotiations to win contracts whilst ensuring the best price is achieved;
- Liaise with sales team to ensure that all orders are promptly received and dealt with;
- Assist with after sales enquiries, investigate customer complaints, and ensure that they are dealt with to the customers’ satisfaction;
- Travel throughout the UK and internationally occasionally.
- 2:2 Hons Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or at least five years’ experience in a sales role in power generation;
- Experience in diesel power generation;
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings;
- Ability to read, understand and interpret customer terms and conditions and/or contractual obligations;
- High degree of influencing and persuasive skills, with a proven track record of negotiating and challenging at senior level;
- Excellent listening, communication and organisation skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Strong presentation skills.
- 2:1 Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering;
- At least two years’ experience in an engineering role;
- At least two years’ experience in a business development role;
- Member of an accredited engineering institute.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April 2018 at 5.00pm
AJ Power Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer