SEN TA Scarborough
SEN Teaching Assistant required in Scarborough - Key Stage 3 & 4 Support
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a client School, based in Scarborough. We are constantly recruiting to appoint General SEN Teaching Assistants, for exciting positions. You will be tasked with supporting young pupils with challenging behaviour. Teaching Personnel have a range of part time and full time placements available within the local area.
The roles are varied and could include working across both Key Stage 3 & 4. It would be key to have excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and learners alike. You will be required to demonstrate a genuine passion for supporting pupils and have determination and flexibility, a positive attitude and the desire to ensure a positive learning experience for the children in your care at all times.
The positions we offer are within well supported Schools, with a range of additional courses available to help increase your skill set.Please note that all placements are subject to having a Child Only DBS that is registered to the Update Service.
The qualities that Teaching Personnel are looking for in you, as the ideal candidate are:
- A skilled, enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant with a Level 2 Certificate, or University Degree
- An innovative, creative approach to supporting young pupils, with the ability to build and maintain rapport with students
- Committed to the provisions you will be working in, offering an outstanding learning experience for all pupils
- Have an excellent understanding of strategies to support challenging behaviour and Special Educational Needs, ranging from MLD to PMLD & ASC
- High expectations of pupils within their studies
- Have a good sense of humour, with a passion for education
If you think that this unique opportunity is for you, then I would love to hear from you! Please contact Kerry Fowler as soon as possible...
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.