SEN Teaching Assistant in Scarborough
Teaching Personnel are seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team, to work within local alternative provisions and mainstream Schools in Scarborough and surrounding areas. We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are available for at least every morning Monday - Friday, or full days would be even better!
The schools we work with are looking for a committed and successful practitioner to join their motivated teams. They have supportive, driven and successful teaching and management teams, with high levels of parental involvement.
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will have excellent knowledge of working with children with SEN.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have experience supporting vulnerable children or adults
- Hold a Level 2 qualification in childcare or hold a relevant Graduate Degree
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of School Staff
- Have a passion for enabling vulnerable children to be able to access education
Here at Teaching Personnel we take our responsibilities to our candidates seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Teaching Personnel team and as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
- Competitive daily rates paid weekly through PAYE with a minimum of £9 per hour
- Continuous support throughout your placements
- Access to a range of CPD courses such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness, Moving and Handling and Safeguarding qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you are paid to scale
- £50 reward every time you recommend a friend
- Pension Contributions
If you are a qualified SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you NOW!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.