Linux Systems Engineer - Bristol - to £49,000
Linux Systems Engineer
Linux Debian, KVM, MySQL, Apache
Successful market leading company has created a new vacancy for a Linux Systems Engineer to administrate, systems engineer and improve the server infrastructure which includes the server operating systems, physical hardware, virtual servers and virtual environment. This includes:
- Patching Linux servers (Debian)
- Install new physical and virtual Debian servers (virtual environment = KVM)
- Server performance monitoring & optimisation
- Overall sanity check of environment (physical & virtual), server configuration, security
- Harden Debian servers (security)
- Use Linux command line instructions to achieve common administrative tasks
- Server monitoring (using monitoring tools and protocols)
This server infrastructure runs the services, such as DNS, DHCP, webservers, SQLservers .
This company is which operates in an ITIL environment is continuing to grow which offers new challenges as this company expands is infrastructure and customer offering. You can expect a mix of BAU and project work with the opportunity for lots of technical challenges and continuous learning.
We would like to hear from you if you have experience of:
- Linux systems administration. Debian would be beneficial but training can be provided.
- SQL / MySQL or related database technologies
It would be beneficial if you also have some experience of Window / AD server environments, MS Exchange, VMware, MS Hyper-V and SAN however TRAINING can be provided as LINUX experience is the most important. LFCS or MCSA / MCSE would beneficial but are not a pre-requisite.
Location: Clevedon, Bristol
Salary: Up to £49,000 + benefits
Genium Selection is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960542183