Our Business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring to the business.
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
VIP Support Permanent
The purpose of the Group Executive & AV Support Manager's role is to provide guidance & assistance to the Group Executives, PAs and their support staff for all day to day Business As Usual (BAU) IT related issues. This will involve some out of hours activities. It will also include the involvement in and input to Groups AV strategy.
The VIP Support will also be required to plan and undertake specific IT project task deliverables within larger projects on behalf of the Group Exec and act as the interface between MS IT, HCL and the Group Exec on all IT service related issues.
- Hardware and software break fix and deployment
- Develop personal relationships with group executives and their PAs etc. and become a trusted partner in their activities Improve/increase monitoring of availability
- Engage with businesses to understand requirements and identify technology to enhance activities
- Identify where technology can be used to improve economies
- Understand, and champion as appropriate, ITIL Change, Incident, Problem, Configuration, and Release Management together with issue and risk management using standard tools and Service Delivery methodologies
- Communicate effectively with management teams on all IT issues and developments that will
- affect day to day operations
- Act as an interface with the IT technical areas, and act as a central point for information.
- Provide an escalation point for issues within remit
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning and testing for supported systems and offices.
- Provide timely reports to Operational Service Managers
- Comply with Group Audit and IT Security requirements
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs / O'Levels or equivalent including Mathematics and English
- ITIL V3. Foundation Practitioner preferred or desire to become qualified
- Essential: 1-2 years 1st & 2nd line support within a VIP area
- Desirable: Proven application of project management techniques
- Desirable: ITIL V3, Specialism
As you would expect from a company, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.