We are looking for a Court of Protection Paralegal for an established and highly regarded Tax, Trusts and Probate team based in Crawley, West Sussex.
- Managing a busy caseload, under supervision of an Associate Solicitor, solicitor and partner as required
- Liaise with clients and third parties by telephone and in person in relation to all day to day aspects of managing the affairs of vulnerable people;
- Paying invoices
- Monitoring and reviewing care arrangements
- Monitoring and reviewing clients’ financial matters
- Dealing with the assessment of costs on Court of Protection matters
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection
- Preparing annual attorney/deputyship accounts.
- Client visits and limited drafting of legal documents will be required.
We are looking for relevant work experience in a legal environment (not necessarily private practice - Charitable or Public Sector)
- Experience in dealing with Vulnerable Clients
- Commercial awareness
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with accounts
- Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable
- A genuine interest in Private Client work with the desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and handle a busy caseload
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Vulnerable Persons but with internal teams across the business
- A clean driving licence and willingness to travel and to attend client meetings out of the office
For more information and a detailed job spec please send your cv.