Our client are a chartered surveying practice covering London, Essex & the Homes Counties. The practice provides services within the commercial and residential property sectors acting in both the sale, acquisition, recovery and valuation of commercial and residential property for a range of landlords, tenants, lenders, private owners, developers, investors, insolvency practitioners, asset managers, financial institutions and charities.
With such a diverse client base, our client provides a range of service offerings, including:-
- Fixed Charge / LPA Receivership / Insolvency
- Lease Advisory
- Commercial Agency
- Residential Agency
- Residential Valuation
- Tenant Representation
- Commercial Valuation
- Charity/ Third Sector
- Dilapidations schedules and advice
- Leasehold Reform
- Asset/ Portfolio Management
- General Surveying
The candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor, MRICS qualified up to Senior Surveyor Level possessing demonstrable experience of dealing with all aspects of general practise surveying, preferably with a knowledge of the East London and Essex property markets. You will have experience of managing a small team.
There are excellent career prospects for the successful candidate. The ability to be proactive and entrepreneurial is therefore crucial.
The candidate will be/ have:-
- MRICS qualified and proven experience of at least 3 years' post qualification experience;
- Enthusiasm, thoroughness, honesty and commitment;
- Excellent professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear advice and a range of reports;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- An ability to present reasoned advice in formal and informal environments;
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to manage projects and work within budgets;
- Highly motivated;
- Have excellent communication skills and be well presented
- A current driving license;
- Prepared to travel, at short notice;
- Able to manage a small team assisting them with workload;
- Able to market the practise with a view to expanding the client base;
- Have experience of dealing with LPA/ Fixed Charge receivership work;
- IT literate, comfortable with Microsoft Office and social media platforms such as Twitter and Linkedin;
- Possess a clean and current driving licence;
- Prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice;
You will support the Director in providing advice to various clients, will liaise with and take responsibility for graduate surveyors work load and will have first-rate communication, organisational and team-working skills.
You will be able to demonstrate genuine passion for the role together with a commitment to on-going learning and personal development.
Aspects of the role will include:-
- The undertaking all aspects of general practice surveying work across a variety of sectors including retail, residential and commercial.
- Providing concise and reliable advice to our clients including rent reviews, lease renewals, Red Book & Statutory Valuations, general property brokerage, investment and development consultancy
- Working on insolvency and Receivership cases with the Director
- Compiling, researching and interpreting comparable evidence
- Providing accurate and timely reports and maintain comprehensive records of instructions in progress for internal and external reporting
- Maintaining best standards of practice including RICS regulatory requirements including Red Book
- Marketing the business with a view to identifying new areas for business growth
- Providing support to senior members of the team in achieving their objectives in work winning
- Supplying regular social media posts of interest to our clients and the wider profession
- Supporting graduate team members in their APC preparation
A competitive salary with increments applied at key stages of your progress, as well as a commission/ bonus element to the package, and market comparable benefits are on offer as well.
At JR Recruitment we are looking for talented, motivated and ambitious individuals looking for roles in Property, Investments, PRS, Built to Rent, Property Services and Real Estate services. If you know someone looking for a position in the above fields we offer up to a £250 referral fee - so get in touch today.
JR Recruitment recruit for:
Property Management, Property Manager, Lettings, Lettings Negotiator, Letting Negotiator, Senior Lettings Negotiator, Sales Negotiator, Sale Negotiator, Senior Negotiator, Real Estate, Estate Agency, Estate Agents, Estates, Built-to-rent, PRS, New Build, New Homes, New Property, Development, Property Development, Estate Agency Recruitment, Branch Managers, Assistant Managers, Secretaries, Business Support staff, Administrators, Construction, Commercial Negotiator, Senior Sales Negotiators