Product Design Engineer
My client is a leader in innovative and modern transport solutions within the Engineering Sector. They are looking for a Product Design Engineer with praiseworthy knowledge to help in their upcoming projects in their factory in West London.
My client wants to transform cities by providing the means to commute or explore with innovative transport solutions. They are enjoying strong, sustained growth and being a truly global company they export 80% of their production to 45 countries around the world and you will join their team as a Product Design Engineer in West London.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
- As part of the team you will conduct research relevant to each project covering:
- Design empathy
- Technical aspects of mechanical principles involved
- Aesthtic and Ergonomic Design
- Appropriate manufacturing methods based on my clients capabilities and state of the art methods
- Generate concepts for new developments in line with project briefs and specifications.
- Present ideas through sketches and hand-made prototypes for selection by the wider team.
- Carry out detailed mechanical design including
- 3D CAD modelling using Solidworks
- 2D critical dimension drawings
- 3D Rendering of designs
- 3D prototyping (using internal and external resources)
- The purchasing team to ensure design concepts meet the financial targets set out for the projectsThird party suppliers to obtain initial tooling quotations
- Marketing and sales to ensure they are informed and consulted on the designs as they develop.
- Has to demonstrate a Portfolio showing capabilities of good product and aesthetic design.
- Proven track record in a similar role ideally within automotive, aerospace, design consultancy or consumer product development.
- Demonstrated ability in 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks.
- Knowledge of FEA is an advantage
- Injection moulding
- Die casting
- Welding and brazing
- Paint and coating application
- Surface treatment
- Heat treatment
- Spring specification
- A proven track record in the Consumer Goods Industry.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
The salary on offer is between £30,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535306