Engineer- Airbag Electronics
RLE International is working on behalf of our Automotive OEM Client, who is currently looking for an Engineer to work within Airbag Electronics projects.
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
So, if you’re looking for a key role in shaping the future of the car industry, they have the stage and the tools necessary for you to make it happen.
Mission & Main Objectives
- To successfully deliver vehicle projects to market, design & development of electrical and electronic systems to Design standards. This will include the creation of specifications, management of suppliers and implementation to our production plants globally.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Application of electronic systems to vehicles.
- Releasing and maintaining the vehicle BOM.
- Development of specifications for body electronics components to design/test standards.
- Negotiate and coordinate specification development with global teams in Japan, North America, Russia and India.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components to design standards.
- Work with test and customer orientated engineering teams to resolve concerns.
- Collaboration with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Status reporting to management.
Background and Experience
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications, MS office, etc.
Additionally the following may be an advantage:
- HMI factors and design.
- Software programming.
- Electronic mass production techniques and processes.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- RF theory and or experience of low power RF communication.
- RF type approval.
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now.
Hours: 39 pw
Rate: £26 per hour limited company rate
Eligibility: Due to working on behalf of our Client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined. These are long term rolling contracts.
**NO AGENCY CALLING**
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534061