Senior Test & Integration Engineer
Job Role: Senior Test & Integration Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Senior Test & Integration Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Excellent Salary DOE
A fantastic opportunity to join our client's team based in Manchester. Our client has a number of vacancies in their rapidly growing Test & Integration Team. Our client develops software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and the successful candidate will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment. Working for our client the successful candidate will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Our client supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
- Act as test & integration lead for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes
- Defining test environment and tool requirements
- Manage creation of automated and manual test scripts
- Produce test & deployment strategies and plans in compliance with customer project guidelines
- Produce deployment packages appropriate for
- Support estimation of test activities
- Support test team interactions with the wider development team and assist in the resolution of issues
- Support the development team at formal and artefact reviews as necessary
- Provide defect and code quality metrics to the programme
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux.
- Experience of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Test specification development
- Test script preparation
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Linux system administration skill
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536246