Service Desk Manager
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a service desk manager to join on of UK's leading organisations.
As a service desk manager you will play a key role in our IT transformation project and will help introduce a new IT Service Desk which will become the single point of contact for the organization's users requiring IT support and services.
You will be responsible for the operation of the IT Service Desk, Configuration and Problem Management operations and ensure that end users are delighted with the quality and level of support that the Service Desk provides. You will plan, direct and coordinate operations of the Service Desk, ensuring the provision of a single point of contact for the resolution of incidents, the fulfilment of requests, the continual monitoring of live systems and the processing of all support tickets related to defects and incidents. The position will manage a team of approx. 15 to ensure that a first line support capability is provided as per SLAs and KPIs.
- Accountable for the creation of the Service Desk operation including people, process and tools from initial green field stand up to Operationalise through to Continual Improvement run the IT Service Desk for the group.
- Accountable for Transitioning the as is supplier Service Desk operation into the in house IT Service desk
- Creation and management of Knowledge Base
- Configuration Management Plan and Operation
- Accountable for Problem Management
- The management, mentoring and performance appraisals of the Service Desk, Configuration Management and Problem Management teams
- Fiscal management of the Service Desk functions and always ensuring that services are delivered to the agreed budget.
- Manage the delivery of services so that service level targets are meet and exceeded.
- Working in conjunction with peers in maintaining an operating plan for Service Desk services that aligns with the Service Management business and operating plans
- Continuously working to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the support service whilst developing a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and Continual Improvement
- Defining and implementing IT quality assurance practices and procedures.
- Strong experience as a service desk manager
- Extensive experience in a technology environment
- Strong people and team management skills and experience
- Experience with IT service management toolsets
- Experience with budgeting and financial planning
- Strong project management capabilities
- Commercial experience in respect to managing the relationship with IT vendors
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530458