Legal Counsel / In-House Lawyer / Commercial Solicitor
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Job Type: Part time 10am-2pm, Mon - Fri, Permanent
The Company has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Commercial Solicitor to join our team in Crewe on a permanent basis, reporting directly to our CEO. This is the first legal role in the company, so you'll have scope to make the role your own! We've grown quickly, and this new role reflects are continued success and expansion.
They are a Marketing Tech business. Their unique solution is called Contour. It's driven by a database that combines all customer data, online and offline, to deliver multi-channel campaigns for our big brand clients across retail, travel and financial services.
They are fast growing (30% each year) having twice ranked in The Times 100 fastest growing Technology Businesses. They've been awarded a two star 'Outstanding' rating for two consecutive years in the Times Best Companies to work for.
- The Company has great cross departmental engagement, they're social and make time for fun.
- As a business they focus on continual improvement, keeping it simple and finding ways to always evolve workplace practices - they cut out crap!
- They're constantly learning and open to new ideas and technologies, after all they're built on ideas.
- Continually reviewing core contract terms with our CEO and CCO to ensure that they are compliant with the latest legislative provisions.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice, drafting, checking and monitoring contracts including; Client Contracts, Partner Agreements, Data Processing Agreements and Supplier Contracts.
- Simplifying complex legal materials and problems so that they are understandable to the relevant stakeholders.
- Owning the Companies's core client contract terms, to ensure that they're up to date and protect our business' interests.
- Supporting major procurement processes.
- In conjunction with our CFO and HRD, owning the EMI, Share Purchase and SIP Schemes, along with Share Management and Share Schemes.
- Managing external Lawyers and other advisors where appropriate.
- Delivering training sessions to the business on topical areas of Law.
- Become our internal expert on relevant industry regulations like the GDPR.
What you'll need:
- Ideally be a qualified Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive or hold a formal legal qualification with PQE experience of contract negotiation within an in-house legal team.
- Results driven, and continually aware of commercial objectives, you will have the credibility and confidence to impress at all levels, both internally as well as externally.
- You will need to have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex legal concepts into a clear and understandable format both orally and in writing to a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrable experience in advising on one or more of the following; commercial contracts, tenders or data protection law.
- Excellent drafting skills i.e. the ability to draft contracts and legal letters.
- 25 holidays per year + 8 bank holidays.
- Free day off for your birthday.
- Holiday purchase scheme - you can purchase up to four additional holidays in any holiday year.
- Flexible working.
- Training and development (the company is an accredited Institute of Leadership and Management campus).
- Funded social activities throughout the year - our social committee have a generous budget and there are events every month, including charity fundraising.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay.
- Free breakfast.
- Casual dress code.
- Discounted gym membership.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Legal Counsel, In House Lawyer, Intellectual Property Law, Data Protection Law, Commercial Solicitor, In House Legal Counsel, Contract Law, Senior Solicitor may also be considered for this role.