Accounts Assistant - Purchase Ledger
Our Client is a Speciality Chemical Company. They currently have a vacancy for an Accounts Assistant. This position reports to the Financial Controller and will be office based near Bracknell in Berkshire. It is a full-time permanent role.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible, along with the two other Accounts Assistants, for processing day-to-day financial transactions in line with the Group’s financial processes and procedures and will additionally assist with month end and year end.
- Reviewing purchase invoices and credit notes and ensuring they are appropriately authorised and correctly coded
- Review and analysis of expense claims, ensuring costs are reasonable and in line with the Group expenses policy
- Day-to-day maintenance of purchase ledger, sales ledger and cash books, including posting purchase invoices, credit notes and bank transactions to Sage
- Preparing payment runs on Sage and in Bankline including compilation of backing documentation to support payments and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Clerical tasks including filing of original invoices, credit notes and expense claims
- Undertaking regular bank reconciliations
- Assisting with month end routines including reconciliation of key accounts on the trial balance
- Supporting year end processes, including assisting with routine audit queries
- Ad hoc support to the Financial Controller as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Specific accounting qualification are not required, although it is expected that the successful candidate will have good GCSE and A Level grades
- Solid work experience of purchase ledger is essential
- Good IT skills including experience of Sage 200 or similar accounting systems and basic to intermediate Excel skills
- As part of a small busy team, it is essential that the successful candidate is a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work to deadlines
- Hardworking and conscientious with excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks according to business requirements
- As an external face of Accounts, ability to deal confidently with both internal and external queries face-to-face, over the phone and by email
- Able to work with multiple currencies and across multiple companies
In return our Client is offering a competitive package including a basic salary of around £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (Salary is negotiable and dependent on relevant experience) plus benefits.
Please e-mail your C.V together with a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80957242