One of our most prestigious clients in Southeast London is about to open their brand new, latest and most advanced automated warehouse imminently. Due to this on-going expansion plan, they are looking for a Training Manager who is excited about the opportunity in being part of a successful high tech set up of this 500k+ square-foot logistics depot.
The Training Manager will be responsible for the design and delivery of all end to end operational training within the depot, leading and supervising a team of Specialist Trainers as well as a large pool of Training Champions in their delivery of training.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing business in their sector with national presence providing amazing benefits to its employees. They are offering a salary of between £40,000-£50,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, amazing state of the art facilities, private healthcare, life insurance and childcare vouchers. In addition they offer a culture of professional development to enhance your skills and boost your chance of career progression.
The role would suit someone who is IT savvy, tech friendly and has delivered and designed training in a distribution depot previously as possibly a Training Manager, Learning and Development Manager or Operational Training Manager preferably within a high tech environment.
As the Training Manager, your duties will include:
- Designing, developing and producing training materials relating to operational processes which ensure consistency and quality of training in line with business needs
- Managing the Training Team ensuring the service provided to the Operation is high quality, consistent and delivered in a customer focused way
- Responsible for the coaching, knowledge enhancing and professional development of direct reports
- Organising the Training Team to be able to deliver Induction, specialist training and training validation in conjunction with operational management and planning, coordinating and monitoring the Training Champions in their delivery of operational training.
- Managing team performance against KPIs, responsible for continuous service improvement that is responsive to operational needs, provides value for money, maximises productivity, and inspires customer confidence; ensuring all training complies with relevant legislation, operational standards and good practice
- Managing all site-related training records and updating of relevant skills, ensuring all sign offs for training are completed and any paperwork is stored securely
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of all operational process training ensuring it is professional, appropriate, accessible to the learner and drives business performance
- Act as a liaison with third party suppliers e.g. external trainers and undertake/support project work from time to time to achieve business goals
The successful Training Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Experience of working in a similar operational environment, such as distribution, manufacturing or pharmaceutical.
- Proven track record in the designing, creating and delivering of successful training programmes.
- Effective communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Process-driven with a keen eye for detail and ability to interpret and analyse metrics
- Ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload and to meet set deadlines and targets
- PC literate with a confident approach to technology in general
- Previous line management experience would be preferable
- Strong motivator who leads by example and is able to inspire confidence in a team
- Calm and resilient under pressure, even when dealing with challenging situations
- Pro-active and able to work on own initiative
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Flexible team player
As a Training Manager, you will be required to work Monday to Friday. Flexibility is required at this point as you will be involved in working in a pre-go live environment to ensure a smooth depot operation before the official launching.
This is an exciting opportunity for Training Manager, Learning and Development Manager or Operational Training Manager to be involved in an exciting project from the start, learning world leading technology through a testing and commissioning phase to implanting a market leading culture.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between £40,000-£50,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, private healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers, free shares and award winning training and progressive career development.
*** Operational Training Manager, Training Manager , Ops Training Manager , Training and Development Manager , Learning and Development , Training Specialists , Training Champions , Logistics , Distribution , Production , Delivery , Automation , Dartford , Dagenham , Erith , Purfleet , Barking , Southeast London , London ***
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533701