Principal Transport Planner (Technical)
About the Role
This will be a role at the centre of our responsibility to deliver innovative and practical solutions to our clients' real world problems. You will work with our diverse range of clients across the UK, leading multi-disciplinary teams of professionals through the project lifecycle. You will build upon your existing significant experience in transport planning and team management to deliver projects to benefit both our clients and the company.
You will confidently take day-to-day responsibility to lead a varied workload of projects, supervising colleagues, project managing, ensuring achievement of financial goals and contributing strongly to the technical content and delivery. You will be expected to foster close working relationships with both your network of colleagues and your clients. You will also be expected to contribute to the wider management of the Transport Planning team including line management responsibilities, coaching/mentoring and playing a full role in business development.
You will have commitment to ongoing personal development and the development of others, providing the benefit of your significant experience and understanding of the transport planning profession.
Your experience to date will have included a combination of some or all of the following areas of transport planning, a number at significant depth: transport policy and strategy; development planning including transport assessments and statements; funding bids and business cases, scheme delivery, sustainable transport and smarter choices, modelling and appraisal, development planning, junction modelling, traffic management, public transport and parking.
The role will particularly be focussed on providing technical leadership for projects and project management
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Numerate first degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject is essential.
* MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering is desirable.
* Ideally Chartered Professional (CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT) status.
* You will have detailed understanding of contemporary transport planning policy and practice and be able to convert that understanding into practical solutions for our clients (essential)
* Be conversant with the appropriate transport planning guidance and best practice (essential)
* You will have significant experience of delivering a wide range of transport planning projects across a number of specialist areas (essential)
* You will have significant experience of development funding bids and business cases (desirable)
* Highly numerate with strong problem solving skills and innovative thinking (essential)
* Significant experience and capability in financially and programme managing projects using appropriate business tools (essential)
* Have a flair for translating complex problems into elegant solutions and delivering and demonstrating this value to our clients (essential)
* You will have an undertaking of contemporary transport policy and issues, and how developments in the sector may influence future policy and infrastructure interventions (essential)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530552