Technical Support Engineer
Job Description For Vacancy No: 235028T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Client is a market leader in its chosen market of Semiconductor and PCBA Test and Inspection Equipment.
Job Location: Essex
Job Position: Technical Support Engineer
Reporting To: Service Manager Automated X-ray
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: Provide technical / applications support for our client's product range for both internal and external customers.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline.
- Experience in a semiconductor environment.
- Experience with metrology tools.
- Good numerical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office.
- Experience of generating customer facing technical reports.
- Higher degree or PhD.
- Experience with SPC tools and data analysis, e.g. JMP / Minitab.
- A background in semiconductor fabrication methods.
- International experience / exposure.
- Extensive experience of supporting global install base.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Customer focus.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution.
- A high degree of flexibility in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Lean experience.
- Additional language.
- Software skills.
- PC skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for support of customer applications for semiconductor on wafer and advanced packaging areas.
- Understand customer requirements and convert these to tool operation.
- Manage customer samples and generate reports and presentations.
- Attend conferences and provide technical sales support.
- Generate data and reports for sales and marketing use.
- Provide technical support during customer conference calls and on site meetings.
- Handling all technical enquiries, problem diagnostics, communication and feedback to concerned parties.
- Provide out of hours support via the telephone in accordance with the on call rota.
- Provide on-site support at customer sites for installations, training, fault diagnosis and applications support / development.
- Take ownership and proactively manage technical issues to completion such that they are resolved prior to escalation.
- Ability to manage / lead customer support projects. Achieve targets on time and on budget.
- Proactively manage customer expectations to closure, taking into account both commercial and technical perspectives.
- Effectively follow escalation process.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing R&D departments (software, mechanical & electronic) to ensure that all issues and requests are processed and actioned in a timely manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Liaison and co-working with interfacing production departments (Aylesbury).
- Liaison and co-working with regional teams (sales, service and applications)
- Provision and co-ordination of all UK and overseas product and applications training.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Travel Required: International travel to our client's customer sites.
Regular travel between Essex & Buckinghamshire dependent upon business needs.
Salary: Please contact Tim Bees : Tel ************* email *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533712